Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pete Has Ducked out! I am Looking for crew!

Well it is official now. A few hours ago,Pete from Minnesota emailed to tell
me he can't do it. He feels the Talisker Bounty Boat expedition is not for
him and considers the risks too great. He has signed off from the crew,
which is a real loss, as he is a great guy and would have been fun to sail
with. As I said here late Febuary, at the end of training, when Pete had his
first reservations, you must listen to what your heart is telling you, so I
wish Pete well and know he will be watching us every day on the boat.

He is just getting his thoughts together and will hopefully come back with a
blog to sign off later. I am sure all would like to hear from Pete.

In the meantime, it is back to plan B for me and yes I am looking for crew
again!! Interested? You have to be quick, healthy, Passionate about doing it
and in Sydney by April the 8th??? Don't regret not contacting us!! It is a
good thing to grab life in both hands..so just do it!

Good luck...Don

7 comments:

magpie said...

Hi Bounty boat crew,
Sorry I can't join you.
But...
I've had my own come-uppance in a way,(cancer)and the people around me wouldn't let me go anyway, and I couldn't put 'em through that again! Plus you wouldn't let me come anyway,(not fit, only 2hrs off shore experience) lol.
When Pete said "I guess I still have not come to terms with all the dangers and safety concerns I have." I knew he was close and I commend him for his decision.
Hoo Roo ☺☺☺.

johnboi said...

soooooooo tempting, but considering I have no money and have never been abroad before, let alone to the other side of the world... maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

I sorry to hear that Pete will not be making the trip but know that he's doing the right thing for himself. I wish him well.

For Don and the rest of the crew, I hope you find your fourth soon!

Stuart, Pete looked good on tape. I don't know if Pete's footage will make the final reel but what you posted looked great. I feel for you, I've had to trash tape too.

L.G., Seattle, USA

William said...

I'll do it Don! What could be more worth while doing?

Tim Stackpool said...

Tough news from Pete, for him no doubt it's the correct decision. Either "boots n' all, or not at all". So, the adventure continues...

Dan near Toronto said...

johnboi...as a long time Mike Perham follower, I thought you'd be the first to 'volunteer' for this mission mate! But I understand your circumstances too mate.

Well William...looks like you're on the 'ramp' for next inline...lol..and you're already in 'the neighbourhood'.

Pete's decision has to be tough on the crew, but I know it's his decision and only he knows what's best for him.

RichieParis said...

Sad news. But I think you should find another daring guy. The bad point is the short time left for anybody wanting to go. There are more than a few great sailors, and most of them are genuine adventurers.