If you are in the UK you need to check the Tele on Wednesday now..especially if you are thinking of applying to sail on Talisker Bounty Boat..there will be some big news for you. It did not make it today. All the crew applications close at Midnight on Thursday and then you will have to wait till the International Media Launch in Sydney on April the 9th to see all the crew together for the first time. The selected crew will find out over Easter.
I am very busy as you can imagine, but things are slowly coming together. There is a huge group of people working in the background to make things happen ..starting with Margie in Australia. She is busier than me and again today the Tongan Govt. have assisted by solving some important logistics issues. I can’t thank Louise Waterhouse the Honorary consul for the Kingdom of Tonga in Sydney enough.The support from staff at Talisker has been nothing short of solid under some trying conditions at times, as it has been an interesting few weeks.
Dave is out shopping and so am I funnily enough, getting all the last minute stuff. Even though Pete will not be sailing onboard TBB, he is coming out to Tonga which is great news. Thanks Pete! He will give us a hand with preparing the boat and the many logistics issues that will take place. This is great news as we all get on together and he has great skills to add to the support crew assembling in Tonga. We have a 65ft yacht and six Diageo staff coming across to sail with us 130 miles north west to the start of Tofua. More on that latter. Plenty happening..Get those Applications in!!