Friday, March 19, 2010

HOLIDAYS!

This is me tomorrow I hope..Of to Subic in the Philippines tonight, back to
China on Monday night. I have to check out my "other" boat ICE..it will be
good to get off the keyboard for at least a couple of days. I have been busy
on ebay..managed to get some 200 year old wooden bowls, and some very old
Horn beakers to go with our new "NON Sailing clothing. I still do not get
the comments to the Blog in China and Stuart in the UK who is posting them
for me now, says there are a few interesting comments about not using
Musto..I asked him what are they saying..he said they think I am nuts!..I
told him they are realy getting to know me now..

So Mike will blog tomorrow, Stuart on Sunday and Pete on Monday...I just
love deligation!!

I just noticed my legs from the knees down all peeling from the tan I got in
Febuary. That is going to be a big issue. We all wondered how Pete was so
brown arriving in Sydney from the mioddle of the snow! He had been to a
solarium? I think we are going to be challenged to get an even, all over tan
as quick as possible once we get to Tonga. I am in Doumen at the moment
which is about 1 hour by car from Macau across from Hong Kong. It is not too
sunny at the moment with fog, polution and clouds, so I have to start my tan
again. One thing about China though, a Bounty Belly is considered a bit of
status..they think if you can afford to buy that much food to eat, you may
be worth knowing?

This will be the first and last holiday for a long time..and just so you
don't think it is all fun, yes I am taking the computor, just to check in!

Not long to go!! Don

5 comments:

Ken said...

Thanks for the update. Was very interested in the picture of "Ice".

Could you please give some details on her? What a beautiful practical vessel.

Thanks, Ken

Ken said...

Wow, didn't realize that ICE was your design. She is beautiful!

http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/reviews/2009/motorsailer/ice-mcintyre-50-motor-sailer-17773

magpie said...

I second what Ken said.
Ta for the link mate,
hoo Roo☺

Anonymous said...

I think we're all a bit anxious for you guys to leave!

I think your nuts Don! A good man, but nuts!

Take care mate!

Billy!

VyanDP said...

Oh! I wished I had known you would be in Subic! Would keep an eye out for "Ice" when I go to Subic Bay Yacht Club. Maybe its docked nearby? :) Your boat is beautiful! Good luck on your trip!